Safety is the highest priority at The Blue; Zip Line & Farm. With inherent risks, as with any zip line, we have given careful consideration and intense planning, as well as attention to detail, to all elements of our zip line tour.
- Every participant must sign a Waiver and Release Form. Participants under the age of 18 must have a signed waiver by a parent or guardian. If the parent or guardian is not present, a photocopy of the parent’s driver’s license must accompany the signed waiver.
- Closed toed shoes with good traction are required. Ex. Sneakers or hiking boots.
- Long hair should be tied back by a pony tail holder or hair clip.
- The zip line canopy tour is designed for use by participants of average mobility and strength, and who are in reasonably good health.
- Participants should weigh at least 60 pounds and no more than 275 pounds. Please call if you have any questions.
- The minimum age is 5 years old. Children between the ages of 5 – 15 must be accompanied by an adult, and must be able to participate independently of the adult.
- Each participant must be physically able to control the speed of their travel along the zip lines by pulling on the overhead brake with gloved hands In the event that a participant loses momentum before reaching any platform, they must be able to pull themselves along the cable to the landing platform.
- There are two short nature walks during the tour on a forest trail. Each participant must be able to complete this walk.
- Pregnant women, people with heart, leg, or back problems, or other serious illnesses will not be allowed to participate in the tour, unless given permission from their primary care physician.
- No one under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or impairing legal drugs, will be allowed to participate in the zip line tour. If a staff members observes an individual that appears to be under the influence of any of the aforementioned substances, they will be denied participation in the tour.
All zip line guides are required to complete a rigorous 40 hour hands-on training certification class, and pass a written and skills test before guiding a zip line tour.
Ongoing training is a must for all professional guides. It is no different at The Blue, therefore guides are required to participate in ongoing training.
Adventure Training, LLC is our provider of all guide and facilitator training and is done in accordance with ACCT standards.
- Two zip line guides will always accompany and facilitate every tour group of up to 10 guests.
- All guests are instructed during a pre-zip orientation, as well as reminders during the tour, regarding safety and riding.
- Guests will always be attached to a safety belay point when on the zip line tour. Guests are Never unclipped during the tour unless they are on the ground.
- All equipment is inspected before each use, and periodically during tours, for any wear or flaws. Daily inspections are recorded for each piece of equipment.
Our course is designed and built by Adventure Construction, LLC, a division of Adventure Experiences. Adventure Experiences, one of the original full service challenge course construction companies, is recognized nationally as well as internationally for its expertise in designing and building state of the art challenge courses, including high elements such as zip lines.
The zip line tour is inspected daily before tours begin and after periods of high winds, lightning, etc. It is intensely inspected biannually by Adventure Experiences.